Friday, April 12, 2013

Good News....wait for it...

Well, since the 25th of March, I have been maintaining my inflammation. It has its good days and its bad days, but it has not completely ever gone away. I found that Milk helps me with my exhaustion, which I am assuming is because of the vitamin D. I drink a cup of Ginger tea every day, which I believe is helping me with the inflammation. I took myself off the pain killers about 2 weeks ago. I wasn't in any pain, just discomfort. That was a rough couple of nights, sleepless and a bit of anxiety.  I can't imaging how it is for someone who has been on them for a long time. I am still on the naproxen and blood pressure pills. I noticed that when I was off the naproxen for a day, I felt pain, in my writs hands and arms/shoulders. It hasn't been till the last couple of nights, that I have been able to sleep through the night, since this whole thing has started. Also the last couple of days, when I wake and start getting ready for the shower, I feel a rapid heart rate, like if I have walked around the block. By the time I get out of the shower, I have to rest. Every once in a while, when I take a deep breath, its uncomfortable in my back, kinda below my shoulder blade, also, I get a pressure on the left side of my chest.
I don't take exhaustion lightly anymore, if I feel tired, I let my Hubby know, I need to go home early from work (we carpool and he is very flexible), I stay home (which I have really only needed to do once), or I just go lay down when I need to (the family has been really understanding). I've been feeling tired, the last couple of days, even though I have been sleeping through the night, feeling tenderness in my shoulders and yesterday I thought I saw my eyes yellowish, and with the rapid heart rate, I started to worry.
So this morning I took advantage and got a late start to work and rode with my daughter. On the way, I got a call, it was the Rheumatology department, giving me an appt for April 19! FINALLY! That took exactly a month from when I had my first doctor appt. Such good news and such a relief. In a week I will be diagnosed ... with something.

No comments:

Post a Comment